Sunday, February 27, 2011

Aunt Emmy will remember...

Ella Grace loves to be "tickled." Not 'laugh until your uncomfortable' kind of tickle, but the soft rub with fingertips type tickle. One day out of nowhere, she lifted up her foot, flexed it, and said "Mommy, foot." I realized what that meant and started tickling her foot. Then she wanted her belly tickled, and her arms, and she finally stood up on the bed and said "Legs." This has become a regular thing and well, it's payback for me.

Let's go back about 20 years now (that sounds sooo long ago!). My sister, Emily, used to love sleeping in the bed with me. My rules were:

- You can sleep with me if you tickle my arms and legs.
- And, if you want to earn a little change, I'll pay you for each limb you tickle.

I'm not kidding.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

No comments: