I guess you can say things are winding down over here now that we're back from our 2 week trip. We're pretty much back in our routines (Kellen slept through the night last night- woo hoo!) and I'm tightly holding on to my last 5 weeks of maternity leave. I CANNOT believe have fast the first 15 weeks have gone. With Ella, I only took 3 months off and I do not recall the time going by as fast. I'm pretty sure it's the 2 vs 1 effect. With Ella, I had nothing to do but spend time with her. With Kellen and with two kids, it's go-go-go. Even though Ella is at school all day every day, there's laundry, tidying up the house, cleaning bottles, scheduling and going to appointments, picking her up from school daily, and the list goes on. And, that is why I am so glad I took 5 months off this time around. There is no way I would have been ready to go back at 3 months. I'm not even close to ready to go back at 5 months. I feel so unorganized!! It's going to be utter chaos come Oct. 1.
On to more fun things...like cute pictures.
Kellen at 14 weeks
And, Ella at 3 with "peanut butter" (Nutella) all over her mouth
And, a little bit of my hometown finally hung up in our bedroom.
L to R: Sun Studios - some of music's greatest recorded here like Elvis Presley & Johnny Cash, the Orpheum - I've seen some great plays and concerts here, Arcade Restaurant, and Sam Phillips Avenue - street where Sun Studios is and named after the Father of Rock N Roll.
I love these images taken by Kim Miller of Ramblin Rose Photography (she was our wedding photographer).
Ella wants to make Brian a cake for his birthday which is tomorrow. I have never made a cake before. Wish us luck as we attempt this tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment