Two weeks ago, Kellen turned 3 months old! He is such an easy going baby - which I need as we raise this 3 year old named Ella Grace. Although this week hasn't been a fun one, his normal routine is:
Up around 7:30-8. He eats plays for a few hours then falls asleep. We usually repeat this every 3-4 hours. Some days, he will stay awake all day! Then, he goes to bed when we do around 9:30-10 and sleeps through the night.
He drinks anywhere from 4 to 6 oz of formula each feeding, wears size 2 diapers, and is rocking his 3 month old clothes. He LOVES to talk and laugh. He enjoys watching people, especially his sister. He also likes looking at Otis who is usually by his side if he's on the floor. He also likes to hang out in his bumbo although gets frustrated after 30 minutes or so. I would too if I had to deal with that head bobble! He definitely prefers sitting over lying down so that he can see all the action. We're always on the go and 98% of the time, he's super easy - just sleeps or looks around sucking on his paci. He has mastered the army crawl position. As soon as he learns to tuck his knees under his belly, it's over for us!
At this time, he has been on 3 airplanes and has visited Lake Chelan, WA, Panama City Beach, FL, and Memphis, TN. He'll most likely visit Cali or Hawaii in the upcoming weeks after we decide where we're headed in September.
Ella Grace had a busy week. She went to her 3 year check-up on Tuesday (yes, I know we're only 4 months late). She also went to her first dental visit today.
Here are her stats:
Height: 38.5 inches or 3 ft 2.5 inches tall (58th percentile)
Weight: 32 lb 12 oz (65th percentile)
Basically, Dr. Spector reiterated what I've been telling her Dad, she's going to be a model! Brian doesn't like it when I say that.
- She plays soccer and is in swimming lessons. We're going to try dance and gymnastics this fall.
- She loves:
- Dressing up in her Princess costumes
- Twirling around (holding our hands and walking around in circles)
- Dancing & music
- Looking at herself in the mirror
- Putting my make-up on (blush)
- Having her nails and "piggy toes" painted
- Jumping on all furniture
- Walking the "balance bean" also known as the sidewalk curb
- Going to "the park" or what we call the playground. She especially loves swinging, playing "money" with the tree bark on the ground, hide and seek, and imaginative play on the swing set (Princess castle, on a pirate ship)
- Her best friend is her Wesley. They've been in school together since they were 4 months old.
- Her brother. She loves giving him hugs and kisses.
- Her puppy. She always wants Otis to chase her.
- Disney movies, Veggie Tales, Caillou, Berenstain Bears, Angelina Ballerina, Curious George
- Her sparkly shoes - both the Toms and ones from Target "with the bows on them"
- Dresses and Bows (you know I'm excited about that as I love to dress her nice)
- Her Mommy and Daddy. She tells us all the time.
- All her family. She asks about each often. She has a ridiculously great memory.
- DISNEYLAND!!! Talks about it daily. She will be going to Disneyworld for her 4th birthday and I cannot wait!
- The beach. She's my girl so pretty much has to like it.
- Swimming
- Flower picking & getting flowers at the grocery store (her Dad started that)
- Tomatoes, apples, milk, mac & cheese
- "Ole Mc Donalds" - McDonald's
- "Peanut Butter" - Nutella
- Push-up pops & "the cow store" ice cream (Ben & Jerrys shop)
- Her red house (our house)
- Playing her Princess piano
- Her cowgirl boots
- Taking baths & showers
- Playing waitress, asking for our order and writing it down on her notepad, then cooking it up in her kitchen
- Stuffed animals. Her collection is ridiculous.
- School. Thank goodness! She goes to a great one.
- Drawing. She's crafty like her Momma.
Dislikes:
- Bugs (slugs, worms, the smallest fly, ant, etc)
- Most foods. She's a very picky eater.
- Going to bed on time & in her own room. I guess it's her parents fault we're not harder on this one.
What else...
- She's left handed.
- Can write her name.
- Has quite the vocabulary and I catch her saying phrases we say like "You've got to be kidding me," "That's the rule," "You have to eat your dinner to get a Push-up," stuff like that.
- She's very stubborn and independent but also very sensitive.
Some things she has said recently include:
"I just be 3 olds big"
"Apple pie" for Pineapple
"Can I pop that bug with that box?" - when she saw a bug
"Why are you being mean? You're hurting my feelings" - when I was punishing her
"Yeah, I'm getting married and I'm going to dance with Daddy"
"Guys, stop playing with brother. Stop it. I'm taking a bath." - when we were on the bed hovered over Kellen as he cooed for the first time
"Uhhhhh! Otis! I'm so sick of him" - I heard her say this when he was in her playroom
"I love all of you guys"
"Stop playing with brother. I'm signing. It's very important to me." - she wasn't signing so not sure why she said that.
"Look Mommy. It's an octagon." - when pointing to a stop sign
"I'm a people. I'm Ella. I'm not an animal, I'm a kid." - When going to "Ole McDonalds" and me asking if she was an animal.
"Dragon muffin" - what she calls a rag-a-muffin
When taking my picture she said "That's not a pretty smile. Let's take another. Say cheese Mommy. Oh, that's a good one. That's pretty."
"Do a bravo" - meaning do a bow
"You have a big huge booty. I have a little kid booty." - she said this to Emily.
"I don't like your attitude" - said that to me
"Dad we're sleeping. You have to be quiet." - when he was talking to Kellen while we were trying to sleep
I got all excited and told her she was going to see her Wesley soon. She responded "no, no, no calm down."
20 Questions:
1. What is your favorite color? pink and purple
2. What is your favorite toy? Jessie and Woody, and Buzz Lightyear, and the horsey
3. What is your favorite fruit? apples, tomatoes, and milk. And macaroni, hopsitles (popsicles), and push-ups. And, ice cream too. And, cantaloupe.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Caillou
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Um, I already did. Fruit?! I like strawberries and blueberries. And, cantaloupe.
6. What is your favorite outfit? A Rapunzel outfit for Halloween
7. What is your favorite game? puzzles
8. What is your favorite snack? fruit snacks
9. What is your favorite animal? elephants and "canimals" or camels
10. What is your favorite song? A Belle song "Beauty and the Beast"
11. What is your favorite book? Cat in the Hat
12. Who is your best friend? Wesley
13. What is your favorite cereal? chipmunk cereal (she doesn't eat cereal)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? bubbles
15. What is your favorite drink? apple juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? snow and the presents
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? a Dreamlite
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? macaroni
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? pretzels and cupcakes and a cake
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? a firefighter
3 comments:
Love this! And yes I am going to have to steal the question part! ha. This will be so neat to have one day when they are all grown up.
Yes! I grabbed it off of Pinterest. You ask them the same 20 questions every year:)
Aren't they at just the BEST age? I wish I could bottle Aves up. She cracks me up daily!
Post a Comment