Friday, August 24, 2012

Tested & Approved

Thanks to Alicia, I am addicted to Skinnytaste.com. And, this my friends, is a good thing! EVERY SINGLE recipe we have tried has been so delicious! And, the best part is each were very healthy. I've noticed that my new recipes are continuing to grow, so I finally created a Pinterest board to keep up with all of them.

Tested & Approved Healthy Recipes

With our lives being 5 weeks shy of chaos, I *plan* to go ahead and make several recipes I can freeze. Almost all I've made so far we can get 2-3 meals out of. Some of our favorites that I believe we can freeze include:

Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Baked Corn and Crab Cakes
Spinach Lasagna Rolls

And, super easy non-freezer meals we can easily make are (I'm talking less than 20 min. prep):

Artichoke Parmesan Stuffed Tilapia
Easy Baked Tilapia

One recipe my sister has tried and I want to make is this:

Chicken Rollatini w Spinach alla Parmigiana

I think it will be a freezer friendly one as well.

So, if you're having trouble finding recipes to make, don't torture yourself any longer. Go to Skinnytaste.com. Gina has everything from breakfast to snacks to desserts to dinners. And, they are all good for you - which is the most important thing in my book!

Just call me chef! And, as I've told Brian "Don't get used to this." Things will definitely change once I'm back in the office.

Oh, and another favorite new blog of mine is:

Peanut Butter Fingers

I haven't tried any of her food recipes because I don't like a lot of the things she eats, but I love her smoothie recipes. Take a look. Before I tried it, I never understood why people put stuff like spinach leaves, oats, peanut butter, etc in their smoothies. Now I do. Because you can't taste things like spinach and oats and they provide you with many servings of veggies, fruit, whole grains, etc in one liquid meal. I make one of these for breakfast and am so full that it's all I need until lunch!

She also has good circuit and plyometric training workouts if you're interested in that kind of thing.

Check her site out.

No comments: