Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kellen Michael Meewes

Kellen Michael Meewes arrived on Mother's Day - Sunday, May 13th. Born at 11:40 a.m., he weighed 7 lbs 0.2 oz and was 18 1/4 inches long. He has a full head of hair just like his big sis, although not as much, and we think he's going to be a little blondey, just like Ella Grace.

Ella loves him to pieces! She loves to hold him and put blankets on him. We are dealing with some tough tantrums but at least she's taking her aggression out on us and not her brother. Her sweet soul is so happy yet so confused. Overall, we think Ella is doing well and will be such a great big sister!

Labor and delivery were super fast! MUCH different from Ella as with her, my water broke and I didn't have much labor pain. This time around, I experienced what real labor actually feels like (kudos to you women who go without an epidural!) I had contractions starting at 3 a.m. Around 4, I woke up Brian. Shortly after, I decided to take a shower and get things together. We woke up Ella and all headed to the hospital, arriving around 6ish. We were admitted to triage and by 7:30, they asked if I could walk around for an hour to make sure things were progressing. This part was pure TORTURE! I was so pissed. The only thing I could do was text while walking the halls to keep my mind off the pain. So, I texted Emily and she was with my Mom and Gran. Let's just say that they got to hear all sorts of profanities and comments from me and found it humorous. I did not! By 8:30, Ella's teacher had picked her up to keep her, we went back into triage, and Suzanne, my friend who delivered Ella, confirmed she would be our labor & delivery nurse. Yay! I was then checked in to my room and shortly after, given an epidural and pain meds. Things were much better! I believe around 11 they broke my water. I kept telling Suzanne I was feeling pain so we had the anesthesiologist come in and give me a higher dose to ease pain. Shortly after he left, I still kept feeling pain. Suzanne was busy filling out my paperwork and I looked at her and said "I'm pretty sure he's coming." She checked and sure enough, he was. So, within 30 minutes I went from 5 to 10 cm, had the nurses and Dr. scrambling to get everything ready, pushed for 10 minutes, and he was here! Besides the labor walking I had to do, this was the easiest delivery ever! And recovery - there really hasn't been any since everything went so perfect! My only recovery right now is getting sleep and my ribs, which are still in pretty bad shape.

Here's some pics of our little man!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow generated with Smilebox


And, our sweet pookie bear!



Love her!!

God is good!

1 comment:

alicia harrison said...

Congratulations!!! He is precious and i love his name!