Today Ella Grace turned 8 weeks old! Can you believe it?! I know I can't. Brian and I were watching Ella play on her mat last night and noticed that she can now touch the toys hanging from her play gym. She couldn't do that 2 weeks ago!
Below are some fun facts about Ella Grace at 8 weeks.
- I'm guessing Ella Grace is about 12 lbs. I'll know next week when we go to her 2 month well check.
- She is now talking/cooing up a storm and smiles so much.
- She continues to be so curious and she definitely knows her Mommy and Daddy.
- She LOVES to play with her Dad. All he has to do is make a funny noise and she gives him a big smile or coo.
- She is such a content baby & hardly cries; the only time she fusses is when her diaper is wet or she's hungry. Fix those problems and she's happy as a clam!
- She's sleeping about 7-8 hours each night. It's awesome! Right now, we have her on the schedule we need her to be on for when I go back to work. I pray she keeps it up:) .
- She has completely grown out of her newborn clothes.
- She has graduated to size 1 diapers.
- She sucks down 4 oz. of formula every 3-4 hours.
- I no longer have to give her a "middle of the night" bottle (at least for now I haven't had to).
- She has been to Chicago, Portal, GA, Savannah, and Germantown, TN and she's made stops in Minneapolis, Detroit, and Atlanta.
- She's flown on 6 airplanes and didn't cry once!
- She dislikes tummy time. I now have to move her from mat to Boppy to Bumbo to get that neck of hers stronger.
- She has found her thumb numerous times although I know she had assistance from several relatives when I wasn't looking (uh hum Emily!).
- I haven't done the math yet but I think she met over 100 family members and friends during her Ella Grace tour. I'm going to make a list one of these days.
- She had her first beach experience at 6 1/2 weeks old - Savannah Beach on Tybee Island, GA.
- Last but not least, she has probably heard the new Dave Matthews Band album 20 times now. From the TV specials to the CD playing in the computer and car, that's all we listened to while in Memphis.
Below are all of the pictures I've taken in the last 2 days of this sweet baby!







Watching Baby Einstein in her Bumbo! We need a new video since this one is only 20 minutes long and we have to play it over and over if we want to get things done around the house!





1 comment:
She is the cutest thing EVER! And getting so big! I know she is the sweetest!!!
Post a Comment