Upon arrival, we were greeted with a lei for me and beads for Brian along with a yummy Hawaiian punch to cool us off a bit. Next stop...the bar for lunch. My first drink was a Lava Flow. So awesome!
View from our room
What we woke up to
| View of our beach |
| Part of our beach |
Dinner at Nick's Fish Market at our hotel, The Fairmont Kea Lani. I had a yummy mahi mahi and Brian had lobster. My dessert was so good - bananas foster - yet so huge I couldn't eat it all!
Before we headed to Lahaini for dinner at Kimo's.
I didn't take any pictures, but this town was so cool. It was an eclectic beach town that reminded me of a glorified Key West. I would love to go back and spend more time checking out everything - think lots of shops, art galleries, restaurants, and as Brian said "a lot of jewelry stores." There were! We had really good Mai Tai's and then swordfish for me and mahi mahi for Brian.
Some pictures I took on my walk one morning.
I loved this tree.
View of the Grand Wailea and Four Seasons hotels.
Parts of our hotel. It was so pretty. My pictures don't do justice.
These pictures don't do the size of the waves justice, but they were huge. We had some strong winds in the afternoons. On Tuesday night, we headed to Mama's Fish House, which was about a 30 minute drive from our resort. This was a view from the beach in front of the restaurant and these waves were definitely a surfer's paradise.
Such an amazing dinner. Brian had a local fish - I believe it was called Opah. I had a coconut crusted mahi mahi stuffed with lobster and crab meat. It was delicious! We also had the best sashimi. We had a trio and each were paired with a different sea salt. So yummy!
Brian's boo boo from body surfing.
More pics from our room our last day
Last day on beach.
And, last pic of our resort I took:( Wish we were still there as we came back to rain and cold (imagine that).


No comments:
Post a Comment