Ella Grace had her 2 week doctor's appointment today - well it was more like her 3 week appt. since she's 19 days old. Her doctor was so impressed by her growth! He said "My God, what are you feeding her? She's beautiful!" Haha! I believe she weighed 7 lbs 13 ozs. I need to confirm - his crazy jokes (he roomed with one of the Belushi brothers in college) and Ella's hysterical crying after her 2nd PKU threw me off and I now can't remember what she weighed. She was 6 lbs 9 oz last visit so she's been gaining about 1 to 1 1/2 oz. each day. We almost have us an 8 pounder! She was also 20 inches long (she was born 20 inches but due to her cone head, she shrunk to 19 1/2 inches).
Anyway, he said she was a beauty and I let him know that I've been giving her much more formula than I was 2 weeks ago. He assured me that I should not feel guilty for giving her formula. That took about 100 lbs of weight off my chest! He's such a character; he said "breastmilk is like a Lexus and formula is like a Subaru" and told me that at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what I feed her as long as she's getting enough because formula is so comparable to the real deal these days.
As I mentioned above, she had her 2nd PKU which means that she got the good ole prick in the foot. She was already fussy before this so when the nurse pricked her, she cried the loudest I have ever heard her cry. I almost cried for her because I could tell it didn't feel good. Her poor foot bled so much that blood was on her day gown, soaked through her sock and all over her car seat. Poor thing!
She's all better now and we're expanding her musical horizons as we watch the Goo Goo Dolls in Alaska on Palladia. This is the best channel ever and I highly recommend you check it out if you have it!



No comments:
Post a Comment