Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Week 35

Today marks the 35th week of our pregnancy. Not too many weeks to go, especially if she's early.

Still a growing honeydew, most of Ella Grace's growth over the next month or so before you meet will be in weight. Accordingly, fat continues to accumulate at a rapid pace these days. Back in the middle of your pregnancy, your baby's weight was made up of only two percent fat; now at 35 weeks pregnant, that percentage has soared to closer to 15 percent (and will increase to 30 percent at term). Ella's once skinny arms and legs are now quite plump…and irresistibly, squeezably soft.

Also continuing to grow at an amazing pace is her brain power. Luckily, the part that surrounds that amazing brain — the skull — remains soft.

Ella Grace has been really active this week. I told Brian "I hope that's not a sign!" I feel what I think is a butt most of the day. She likes to stick it out. She still has the hiccups most days and likes to kick my ribs every now and then.

Same ole, same ole for me. I sleep about 2 hours at a time, although I only woke up once last night. I'm getting pretty used to not having sleep at this point. I bet in two weeks, I'm going to want all of this to be over with - it's not too comfy sleeping on my sides at all. Hip and rib pain are not fun dealing with. Those are my complaints for this week:)

Tomorrow, we go back to the doctor. We pretty much live there these days. I will find out if I can go back to work and if all goes well, I should be able to be back on my feet by the end of next week.

All we really need to do at this point is pack our bags (I'm almost done and waiting on Ella's diaper bag), put the car seat in my car and we're ready to go!

1 comment:

Katie said...

If you have questions of what to bring to the hospital, let me know! I WAYYYY overpacked, so I might be of SOME help if you want it :)