Thursday, February 12, 2009

Week 31 Appointment

This morning we had our 31 week appointment. It went really well. My blood pressure was up but still normal due to me being stressed out from us missing our exit and being late to the appointment. Ella Grace's heart beat was at 130 bpm. That seemed low to me compared to our visit two weeks ago when it was around 146-147. But our doctor reassured me that in the third trimester, the heart beat slows down a bit and that we probably caught Ella during one of her sleep cycles. She usually doesn't wake up until 9-10 a.m. (don't we wish she will continue that pattern once she's born!). She was just getting her beauty rest. She is also head down at this point which is great news. Now I get to enjoy jabs in the ribs! Yippee!

I asked her if we would have any additional ultrasounds and she no, unless there is a reason that we would need to. I know many of you have asked if we are getting the 3D ultrasound and we are not. 3D/4D ultrasounds are usually only performed if there is a medical need, not just to see what the baby looks like, and she didn't recommend it. She also mentioned that Ella is perfectly healthy and we don't need to worry about any birth defects. The ultrasound performed at week 19 would have provided us that information if there were problems. That was relieving to hear.

As of today, we are still approved to go to Maui. Our next visit is on the 24th, two days before we leave for our trip. We can't wait! We also booked all of our remaining appointments - 7 left at the most!

We plan to relax this weekend and for once, not do much of anything. I know I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Beckman Bulletin said...

Glad to hear everything is going so well. Stock up on some sleep now. You are going to need it. I miss sleep. Have a great time on your babymoon.